Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lately

Been out of town since Tuesday--without a scale. (Hence the lack of weigh in yesterday). I got home this afternoon, and have spent the whole rest of the day unpacking, doing laundry, putting everything away, making dinner, cleaning up from dinner, bathing the kids for church tomorrow, --and making juice. Yes, folks, I made juice today. Three times, in fact.

But let's back up just a little, shall we?

So as you know I've had a bit of a fight with the pumpkin cookies. I thought about getting them out of my freezer and over into my mom's freezer--since they're all out of town, so they wouldn't be hurting anyone over there. But then I realized that I'd just have to go get them again the next day so I could take them with me to my sister's for Thanksgiving. And I just decided that enough is enough, and it's ridiculous that I can't just tell myself no. I mean, it's easy enough to tell my kids no, right? So maybe I have to treat myself like a kid and just say no.

So I did. That was on Monday, and let me tell you--I had a PERFECT day on Monday. I mean, I totally rocked. I worked out--and part of that was Jillian, and yes, she gave me a beating, and I was so happy to realize that without back pain I could do almost everything she gave me. It was awesome. So I was feeling pretty amazing, and was rather excited to step on the scale Tuesday morning. See, Monday morning (after cookies on Sunday night) I weighed 187, and that was making me pretty upset, since I was trying to stop the numbers from going up. Anyway, so I'm feeling so amazing Tuesday, sure I'd be back to at least 186. And I was crushed to see that it had gone up to 190!!! What the heck is that? That was devistating. I can't--absolutely can't--get into the 190s, because that's way, way, way too close to 200. I didn't know why I gained 3 pounds over night, after such a perfect day.

But oh well, I was way too busy to worry about it too much. So I left to go to my sister's. I did not take my scale, but I did take my step, weights, and DVDs.

And get this--Tuesday, perfect. Wednesday, perfect. Wednesday turned out to be the only day I actually exercised while I was at my sister's. But hey, at least I did it once, right? Thursday came and I was still so undecided about how I was going to handle it. Thursday was a perfect day, until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I was up to my elbows in the preparation of lots and lots of great stuff, and I didn't snitch or snack at all during the whole process. And then I just decided that hey, you know, it's Thanksgiving. It's okay to eat what's for dinner.

So I did. But I really do think that I did well. I had a little bit of most things, and I had only one plate that didn't even get entirely full. Still, on a normal day I would have considered it a lot of food. But you know, it is okay to have a little more on Thanksgiving, that's life. The desserts on the other hand--they did me in. That dang sweet tooth!! Again, though, even though I should have told myself to just have one thing, and then stop, I don't really feel bad for eating what I did. I still ate less dessert than I probably ever had on any other Thanksgiving in my entire life. I got 2 or three things on a plate--small things, or big things that I cut in half and shared with someone else. And that was it. I did good, and I was proud of myself. No, I didn't stay sugar free, but oh well.

I did good on Friday too, but then toward the end of the day I gave in and let myself have some more dessert. That I kind of do regret, because it wasn't even Thanksgiving anymore.

So...after all that, that is why I am juicing today. My sister happened to have a fridge full of vegetables for all the juice recipes, and just had never had the time to get around to making the juice. And we didn't really have time to do much of it with all the busy-ness and commotion of Thanksgiving. And her vegetables weren't going to last too much longer. I knew that in another few days they'd be in the trash, because realistically, they weren't going to get used. So she let me bring them all home! I made juice twice at her house today, and then brought the rest of the veggies with me. I had to stop at the store for a couple of things, but it was a great hookup. (Thanks, sis!) I really needed to juice, and I didn't really have the money to go out and buy a huge shopping cart full of veggies.

So there you have it. Tomorrow I have to step on the scale again, and I'm not expecting to be very happy about what I see. Even after juicing today--I am guessing I will be about 190. (If I'm lucky. ?) It really could potentially be a lot worse than that. So yeah, juice tomorrow and Monday.

Then Tuesday I fly out for Hawaii, and the best week of my life. =) I can't wait to see my husband. I can't wait to have hours to myself every morning that I can spend in the gym pretending like Jillian Michaels is screaming in my face to work harder and get my hands off the treadmill. =) I can't wait to be able to say I climbed Koko Head. I finally looked up pictures of what it looks like, and well...I wonder how many times I'll throw up. Just kidding. But I really will have to tell my husband that he absolutely cannot let me quit. I have to get to the top. 1100 steps. And they're not even steps. Here's how it looks:


Railroad ties. C'mon, admit you're jealous.

This is my big major goal for while I'm there. If I die, at least I'll die in Hawaii, right? LOL.

I am going to post a weigh in on Tuesday instead of tomorrow or Friday. Because guess what, I'm not taking my scale in my suitcase to Hawaii, either. I'll get back to Fridays eventually...

Hope everyone else is doing great!

(I kind of like that I don't feel guilty, at all whatsoever, about what I ate Thursday and Friday. Because I enjoyed it, didn't go over the top, and I'm back on track. To me, that says "lifestyle.")

2 comments:

  1. It's tough when you work hard and see an increase. I have had an outstanding week in regards to calories and exercise.. but Friday I ate out. I was still under for the day but the meal added a pound back on and I have been stuck at the same weight for a whole week.

    Every time I eat something outside of my normal food it seems to go straight to my fat cells. It is very frustrating.

    Hope you have a great time in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had/are having a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it :-)

    ReplyDelete