Saturday, November 5, 2011

Good Times

Yesterday I ate a banana for breakfast. Then I ate mixed vegetables with sauteed onion for lunch. For dinner I had an absolutely humongous salad. And I loved every single bite. I was in heaven! Who would typically think that a day with nothing but fruits and vegetables could be so incredibly satisfying? Me! I quite enjoyed it.

This morning I only needed to work out one hour to finish up my challenge goal for the week. So I slept in until 5:30. That was awesome. Then I did Gilad's step for 40 minutes, and his toning for 35 minutes. I was totally in my game. It was a challenge, I felt a little heavier on my feet than I like, but it was SO much better than yesterday's workout (the fact that it was 30 minutes shorter could have something to do with that).

I did have the expected post-juice fast gain of about a pound and a half. I'm okay with that. I actually think that I may have another gain on top of that tomorrow, because today I am introducing protiens and grains back in. Today I am really going to track calories, stay under 1200, eat 2 servings from each group, and eat only plant based. This is the plan for at least a week, and then I will decide if I want to have a day where I can have a little bit of animal based protein. I think it will largely be due to the scale, since I do have a habit of letting it dictate to me what parameters I want to set. So we'll see how it goes.

In the end, I feel it was a great thing to end the juice fast when I did. Yesterday just the thought of another glass of juice made me want to throw up. Today, I am thinking that next week I'll be ready to do a vegetable juice once a day with lunch. So that's good, I definitely didn't want to overdo until I hated it.

Onward and upward!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I can finally post comments! I created a whole new email account just to be able to do this :-)

    I'm really glad you're listening to your body and eating food again!!! Just ignore the scale for a week or two and don't let the numbers mess with your head. You're doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete