Monday, November 7, 2011

Addictions

I am fighting two addictions right now.

1--pistachios

Truthfully. I got a small bag of pistachios so I could have my little fourth of a cup every day as part of my protein. I love, love, love pistachios. How is it that I have this absolutely huge witch's cauldron full of candy--lots and lots of chocolate bars, too--sitting on top of my fridge, and I don't even care about it, but it's pistachios that are killing me??

Luckily I'm not eating the whole bag or anything. Because I promise you I could. I've done it before. (But not for a really long time, okay?) I love them just as much as I ever did. But I'm sure that after I eat my little measured out portion, the ones I grab here and there throughout the day because I just cannot get enough, probably add up to another entire serving. It's not like half a cup of shelled nuts is even that much, okay, so it's not like I'm stuffing myself with them. But they're nuts. And you can't mess around with nuts. You have to be careful!

I probably have half the small bag left. I will eat them. I love them. But if I can't stop at the proper serving and just be done, I will not be able to buy them again. And that would be just sad to me. So I have to either figure it out or say goodbye. Uuuurrrrgggggghhhhh! The question I have to answer is, do pistachios taste better than thin feels? I'm afraid the jury is still out on that one.

(Actually, I do know that thin feels a lot better than the extra pistachios. But maybe not the first half cup that I'm actually allowed to have).

2--Biggest Loser

I love watching. I really have become addicted, I think. I bought myself some headphones so that I can watch it on my laptop while my kids have their t.v. time. I have watched it way too much the past few days. And I know it's too much because I haven't been nearly as productive as I really need to be. I have a lot to do in the next couple of weeks, and I'm afraid I'm not checking much off the list.

So yeah, I need to cut back. But I do have to say that I love watching what they experience. At first I thought the temptations were just mean. It was just mean to make them face all that good food and then reward them for eating it with phone calls home, etc. But the more I watched, the more I realized that the whole point of the temptations, and the whole point of having that stuff around, is that it's real life. Nobody lives in a bubble. Nobody lives "at the ranch" for their whole lives, with people forcing them to work out and count calories. What we eat is a choice, and we have to be able to make those choices even when those temptations are in our faces. (Hmmm...okay, pistachios. I hear ya). But yeah, I really like the show. And I'm glad I never watched it when it first came out, because I don't know if I could handle waiting a whole week to find out what happened!

But I'll be working on not watching too much. =)

As for me, I'm doing fine. I have gained 4.5 of the weight I lost from juicing. My mom said the first time she did it she gained back five, and it took her a week to get back down. I don't know, I am feeling like it might take me more than a week! It's kind of a bummer. But it's okay. I've got this crunch time challenge helping me out, so I'm sure the weight thing will all even out eventually.

This morning I had an awesome workout. I did the same Cathe Friedrich thing that I did Friday, and it was SO much easier today. Just another confirmation to me that it was good to end the juice fast. I feel awesome.

So...281.3 this morning. I'm SO dying to get to 175, I can't even tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment