Thursday, November 10, 2011

Finally? Hopefully?

Today I weigh .1 less than yesterday. I know, I know. That's pretty much the same. Point one is really nothing. But actually, when you've been putting on 1 - 1.5 every day for a week, losing .1 is awesome. I was so afraid there would be another pound piled on this morning, and there wasn't. So here's hoping things are leveling off.

I know that the only reason I have been gaining is the end of the juice fast. I know that I am not eating too much, I doubt that I am eating too little. The plan was to track every single thing and its calories--but the truth is, I've barely had time to breathe this week let alone focus on counting calories. But the reason that's okay for right now is that I have a LOT of experience with calorie counting and portion size, and knowing what's what. So even though I don't have a food log for this week, I can give you a 99% guarantee that I'm right around 1200 a day. And they are balanced. I am getting all the food groups, zero sugar, and no unhealthy fats. All of my grains are whole grains--no white flour or rice, and nothing processed. Well--yesterday I ate some pretzels, so those are probably white flour and processed. But it was a snack sized bag for 50 calories. So in about 3 months, that is the only white flour or processed food I've had. Definitely no fast food, caffiene or soda, either. So I'm pretty confident that my diet is just about as healthy as it could get. Well, maybe tofu would make it even healthier, but that ain't happening. LOL

My weight loss does depend on good diet. It also depends on good exercise. I don't want it to depend more on one  than the other, because I believe that diet and exercise are both absolutely essential for good health. It's not just about weight loss. So even though I can't exercise right now, and it does affect my weight loss, I am 100% sold on the importance of getting in good strong cardio and weight training on a regular basis.

Here's hoping that I can start back on a slow, steady downward trend on the scale. Now I'm going to go take a muscle relaxer and see what that does for me.

Have a great day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment