Friday, November 18, 2011

I Used To Be Excited...

...when it was time to record my weight on the sidebar there. What in the world happened to my crunch time? Life has had a way of just throwing all my previous plans right out the window. First my back, then an absolutely insane schedule. I've been either in the kitchen our out shopping, or grocery shopping, or conferencing, or getting glasses for my 8 year old, or...la la la. There is just way too much going on! And every night I just drop into bed, totally dead. And get this...I haven't cleaned house AT ALL this week. I mean, I do the dishes and sweep, and the house is still all picked up and counters cleared every night before bed. But I've ignored my bedroom and the laundry.

Today I still have a lot of food prep to do, between Thanksgiving and my trip. But I am designating this morning as housework time. By lunch time I need to have cleaned my bedroom, bathroom, closet, the garage, and done the laundry. Then after lunch I'll hit the kitchen again. Can you believe I'm in charge of all the dessert for Thanksgiving? Not that I mind, it's not really getting to me. And I have a whole wheat pie crust that I just CANNOT get over how amazing it tastes. Although it has a lot of butter, so I steer clear.

So I have had a really hard time with getting up to exercise, as I said before. So last night I made a real effort to get to bed earlier. And I did! I was all set to get up early this morning and kick it on the step. And then around somewhere in the oblivion of my sleep, my phone rang. To tell you the truth, I've kind of suspected that might happen. Instantly I was wide awake, and excitedly running to grab the phone. It was my husband, and I haven't heard from him in 2 weeks. It's about time for him to be done with the deployment, and that was a call I was waiting for. Middle of the day or middle of the night, I don't care.

So yeah, after we talked for a little bit I was all wound up and wide awake. So I got my book out and laid there and read for a while before I got back to sleep. And that pretty much wrecked the getting up early. I know--it sounds like there are a bunch of excuses all the time. I see these guys on Biggest Loser, and they just have to work in a workout wherever they are, whatever they're doing. But for me, well--right now the odds are really stacked against me. These five kids of mine and a schedule that just won't let up, well...that's just life right now. I don't resent any of it, it's just how it is.

You may say that if I was determined enough I would get it done. Yes, I could have still rolled out of bed at 5 this morning and done a completely exhausted, 50% workout. And then I would have been a non-functional zombie all day. For me, it is not an option to be non-functional. I just can't do that. So I'm left with whatever I'm left with.

Today I have decided that after my 4 year old goes to bed I will do the 70 minute Cathe workout, which is the step and sculpt intervals. Killer. And I am still going to get in at least 500 crunches. Hopefully I won't be dead on my feet by then.

I really had no idea, when I set up my November crunch time challenge that it was just so unrealistic, schedule-wise. I'm really disappointed. At least I can hope that with all the busy-ness of every day, I'm burning some kind of calories. =J I'm trying really hard to not just throw in the towel because of the fact that I can't do the huge amounts of workouts I set out to do this month. I'm just hoping I'll manage to get in a scaled down version at least! This is killing me.

I went to Target yesterday and got a couple more shirts. I was so elated that I could get size medium. It really feels good! But I know that it will be very short lived if I can't get it together quick!

This morning's weigh in was disappointing, at an almost 2 pound gain from last week. And next week's weigh in will be the day after Thanksgiving. So. I don't know. Kind of bummed. But the goal still stands--to at least weigh less on New Years Day than I did last Friday. If I can get through the holidays with that, I'll  have to consider it a huge accomplishment, I guess.

186.6 today. Dead weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment