Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good News, Bad News

The good news is that I did all the work to figure out how many calories are in the healthy granola bars I make for the kids. The bad news is that they are 277 calories each! The good news is that they are absolutely packed with health, so they are good, solid, nutrient rich calories. The bad news is that yesterday I ate 2 of them before I figured out the calories. And even though they are sugar free, non-processed, very good for you snacks and I will keep making them for the kids, I won't be having them anymore. (Ingredients: freshly ground peanut butter--made from nothing but peanuts, honey, coconut oil--a very good for you and weight loss friendly oil but it's still oil, oats, flaxseed, and raisins).

The good news is that I started back with my exercise yesterday morning, and it felt really good. And no back issues (yet). The bad news is that I am battling sheer exhaustion right now, getting ready for Thanksgiving and then my trip to Hawaii. I will be in the kitchen another whole day or two just making things to stock the freezer. My mom and sister will be here for 8 days taking care of my 5 kids (10 and under), and my sister's two kids (2.5 years and 6 months) will also be here. So 7 kids, four of them 2 and under, is going to be a big job. So I've been making bread, pretzel dogs, taco meat, enchiladas, granola bars, muffins--just lots and lots of stuff to stick in the freezer so that the food can be as easy as possible. Yesterday I was on my feet absolutely all day long--because I also have to keep up with the normal daily stuff like laundry and sweeping and blah blah blah. This morning I was exhausted. Just absolutely exhausted. So I did not get out of bed to exercise. I am afraid that this is how the next week and a half is going to be. I will get exercise in as much as I possibly can, but I think that with everything that's going on, it will be sporadic at best.  Hopefully once I get to Hawaii I will get some rest and then really work out hard every day. The husband has to work half days most days, so I will get to sleep in and work out, and that will be so nice.

The good news is that today I will journal every little thing I eat, and calorie count. I am super busy, but it's the kind of busy that won't get in the way of me doing that. The bad news is: no granola bars for me. LOL

The good news is that this morning I was 185.4. That's a half pound down from yesterday. The even better news is that today's weight was dead weight and yesterday's wasn't, so that's just cool. No bad news there! For weigh in on Friday, I might have actually lost something from last Friday. That would be awesome for the kind of week I've had.

1 comment:

  1. Recording every single item I eat or drink was the biggest change for me when I started this. I have now recorded for 89 days and overall, the diary is about 99% correct. I think if everyone did this for 1 week they would be shocked to see how huge the numbers for calories, fat, sugars etc are for them. I've been using livestrong.com but there are others out there.

    Another change I made which made it easier for me is that I stopped 'free' cooking. I found it too difficult and time consuming to work out all the numbers. So most times I just eat items which are easily recorded. Those granola bars might be good for you depending on what you end up recording. I currently have an issue getting enough good fats into my diet and I eat nuts and peanut butter to get my numbers up.

    I can't exercise this evening or tomorrow evening so might take a leaf out of your approach and get up early tomorrow morning. Fingers cross for your Friday weight in!

    ReplyDelete