Monday, October 31, 2011

ROCKIN' IT!

So far so good! I set my alarm for 4:50. And I actually got up. I got all ready and got my step set up and got my DVD in the player...and couldn't find the remote. I HATE THAT!! I can't do the workouts without the remote, because we have a cheap $25 DVD player that won't allow me to navigate through menus. I searched the house for 45 minutes. (And my house is clean, okay--my firm rule is that the house is clean every night before bed without fail. Not always scrubbed, but always clean).

I was losing my mind, seriously. I did not need this kind of opposition on my very first day! And I started feeling like a different kind of biggest loser.

Then I just made up my mind to hurry up and get started--I got my trusty laptop (which does not have the size screen I like to exercise to, but at least it plays DVDs) and set my step up somewhere else. And I did it. I got started almost an hour late!! I was going to do the extra half hour of cardio this morning, because I'm pretty sure that a night workout on Halloween is just not going to happen. Forgot to figure that one in.

Luckily, my kids don't have school today, due to a staff development day (brilliant, if you ask me). So I just kept going and let the older boys wait longer for their breakfast, and let the girls stay in their room for an extra half hour, and I just kept going. Pushing through them all.

I pushed through a side ache (not the dangerous kind), and the part where I felt like I was going to throw up. I got past the part where the workout was a bit harder than I remembered, and I just finished.

What I did this morning: 40 minutes of step aerobics, 30 minutes of regular aerobics, 35 minutes of toning, and 500 crunches. And drank 85 oz of water.
What I have left to work in to the rest of my day: 2 more arm workouts, 500 sit ups, one more water bottle, and vitamins.

I FEEL AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment