Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Hardest Day!~

Well, today is bread making day because we ran out a couple of days ago. I needed to make sandwiches for the kids for lunch today, but didn't get to it soon enough. So they had some cheeseburger muffins I had made and stuck in the freezer about a month ago (?) and survived. And I did finally get the bread made.



And that is when it got hard. I knew it would. Few things in this world can compare to the aroma of freshly baking whole wheat and honey bread. Oh my. It always smells good, even when it's been sliced up and in the fridge, and pulled out for the kids' PB&J. I like to smell the sandwich after I cut it and before I give it to whoever it's for.

It's okay. I smell it, and it smells good. And then my kid eats it.

Today it's just hard smelling that bread baking, knowing that my morning juice (that made more than a double portion so there was enough left for my mid-day juice) is waiting for me in the fridge, and that this is one of the combinations I wasn't overly fond of so I'm kind of dreading having to drink it down.

I hate that. I miss food.

Fortunately, my resolve is in tact. I will smell the bread, I will drink the juice, and I will be healthier and happier for it.

This morning I weighed in at 183.7. This makes me happy. It means I have reached a loss of 120 (110 since my husband left for Iraq--my goal was to lose 100 while he was gone). And yes, I do always round, so on the weight tracker at the side it does say 184. And I can't lie, the scale is a huge motivator.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, SUZANNE!!! I haven't really been on the computer much only to do my online banking stuff. Anyway, I can't believe how good you look! I always thought you were fine before too...but I know how it feels to be able to feel AND look fit. As I said, I'm really struggling now. I've had my meds up to a level that they really have to monitor my weight. They keep saying it's good that I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either. It drives me nuts to be stuck at a pregnant weight when I'm not pregnant!!! I hate that I can't put my old clothes on that I have to keep wearing the clothes I had to wear during pregnancy. You really are an inspiration for me to keep it up. I want to make 130 too and some days it seems completely impossible. Those days are the ones where I'm so missing my treadmill and the chance to even walk out in the fresh air. Good heavens! Long comment, but I'm happy for you and for the fact you're inspiring me to keep going;-)

    ReplyDelete