Saturday, October 29, 2011

Crunch Time

I had the most fabulous morning ever. It was very simple, but it was chock full of goodness.

I woke up early enough to just lay in bed and bask in the glory of...just laying in bed. I don't get to do that often. Then I got up and weighed myself and got 181.5. That was nice! I don't think I've ever had a point five before. I don't want to round up or down, so I'm just going to record it as it is. And I'm happy with it.

The mornings are cold around here now. I had time to take a leisurely shower, so I did. And the water was steaming hot, and it was just the best shower I can remember having in a really super duper long time.

Anyway, I was chock full of inspiration this morning. Somehow I woke up with this renewed sense of...something. I don't know. Whatever it was, it felt great. And there was a shift in my game plan that is pretty exciting! (To me, anyway).

The original plan: To juice through November 1, then move to primarily plant based and work on maintaining my weight up until Thanksgiving. Then Thanksgiving would happen and immediately after that I'd leave for Hawaii. Then I'd probably do another juice fast after I got back from Hawaii, up until we get on the road for some holiday travelling, and then off to Disneyland. And then try to do whatever I could in January as we get ready to move at the beginning of February.

The new plan: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel like I'm not ready to be done with my juice fast in 4 days. So...I'm just going to keep going. Right now I would love to do an extra 14 days, making 30 days total. But I am going to play it by ear and just see how it goes. I will commit to keeping it going as long as I still have vegetables. And when they run out, if I still feel like going, I'll buy more vegetables and then keep going until they run out again. Can you believe that just the thought of continuing this fast actually makes me happy??

After I'm done, I will just do the plant based thing and decide what to do about Thanksgiving when the time gets closer. I do not plan on "vacation eating" when I'm on my various trips. I really think that just sticking to the primarily plant based/no sugar thing will be fine and I shouldn't end up with a big gain. I still have to decide which guidelines I want to set for the no sugar thing. I don't know if I'll want to just stay off it, or allow myself to have it once a week or whatever. I figure I might as well stay off it completely until I feel like I want to let myself have a little bit. Then before I have it, I'll decide what kinds of guidelines I'm ready for.

The other part of the new plan is actually the big deal. (I love that juicing really isn't a big deal to me anymore). I have decided that November is the month to hit it really super hard, and do kind of a huge major challenge. Go crazy. Just for one month.

See, I started watching Biggest Loser (now that it's on netflix--I have never watched it before!). Last night I finished the first season. I loved watching them take their journeys, and push themselves to levels of success they never thought they could ever attain. I started thinking (like probably a lot of people do when they watch the show) how great it would be if I had the time and the opportunity to get pushed by a personal trainer for four hours each day. Just kill myself and get super strong and just kick tail for even just a month. And then I thought, why not?

Obviously I can't leave my five kids and go away for several weeks and blah blah blah. But I can push myself hard on my own, here at home. I can remember all those biggest loser contestants saying they just couldn't possibly do any more, and then doing so much more, and keep pushing myself as hard as I can even when  my muscles are sore, or when I'm tired, or when I think I just can't possibly give it any more. Just for a month.

I can't do anything to the extent of what they do on the show. But I can do my hour, five days a week. And I can work in a night workout whenever possible. And I can get back into my daily crunches and all that. But I know that for just one month, I could increase my crunches from 500 to 1,000. And maybe at least half of those can be full sit ups. And I could give my arms what for every single day, and force them to shape up! LOL. I will have to look into figuring out what types of things to do, and then just play my own biggest loser game.

So I want to do that for the entire month of November. There will be a few days that I won't be able to work in exercise, so I'll have to just be okay with that. But on the other days, I really am going to push myself harder than I have EVER pushed before.

And then I'll go home and see my husband, who I haven't seen since R&R in August when I weighed 211.

So there you have it. I'm going to start it up on Monday instead of waiting until Nov. 1, because it just seems weird to start something like that on a Tuesday.

Before then, I will post the details of my personal Biggest Loser November Challenge. So...anybody who wants to join me can work out their own details of what they want to do, and then we can all go for it together!

So leave a comment telling me you're in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment