Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Out Back

It's only day two of the reboot, and I feel cruddy. Fortunately for me, it's not because of the juicing!

My lower back has been hurting me for a bit. I really thought it was just sore from not stretching enough when I work out. So I've tried to stretch it a bit more, but not really with any kind of committment. Still...not too big a deal. Then on Saturday it just started hurting more. It hurt to pick up Lydia and Kamryn. It hurt to bend over to pick stuff up off the floor. It hurt when I stood up, until I adjusted my stance to where it wouldn't hurt while I walked. Such a bummer!

I've thrown my back out before. Sometimes not too bad, sometimes terrible--where every step I tried to take hurt so bad I wanted to cry, and had to hold on to the wall just to not fall over. It's happened to me a few times over the years, and usually it's just out of nowhere. One minute I'm fine, the next minute shooting pain and everything is awful. This time, it just started hurting gradually. So that's why I figured the sore muscle thing instead of the pulled muscle thing.

Last night I ignored it while I threw myself into my step aerobic workout. After the workout I sat on the couch with my laptop for a bit, and when I got up to go to bed I just could not believe how much the back hurt. !!!!!!!!!

My mom had this Arbonne ointment that is great for sore muscles, so she brought it over. When it really didn't do anything for me, I had to resign myself to the fact that it's probably a pulled muscle. I was not able to exercise this morning, I thought that after I used my mom's stuff I'd be up for it tonight, but there is just no way. And tomorrow morning is probably out as well. In fact, I have no idea when I'll feel better enough to work out again! I'm sure it'll only be a few days, a week at the most. (I'm way too lazy to go to the doctor, so there's no way that's happening).

I have to admit, there's a part of me that is so happy. I love sleeping in. But there's that other part of me that gets such a rush from that morning workout, and weighing less after I finish, that is rather disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment