Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Crunch Time Challenge

I'm ready to post the details of my killer November challenge. And since I really can't think up an amazing title, I'm just going to call it the Crunch Time Challenge. After all, it's the last month I've got before I see my husband again, so I guess it really is crunch time for me. =)

Exercise: I will exercise seven hours each week. For me, this will pretty much mean one hour each morning and half an hour each night, on the weekdays. On Wednesday nights I'm gone working with the youth, so that night I will not do the night workout. If something comes up on the weekdays and I miss something here or there, I still have Saturday. So I might not do everything on the exact day and time every time, but I will do 7 hours a week.

These seven hours are the DVD workouts I will do. 4.5 hours of cardio and 2.5 strenght training. The 30 minutes I add at night will be in the form of a cardio workout.

In addition to the seven hours, I will do 1,000 crunches a day, 6 days a week. (Basically, 6,000 a week or 24,000 for the month). I also reserve the right to do more on one day and less on another if I have a conflict. However, since 1,000 is a lot, I really don't think I'll want to have to make up for any days. (Extra incentive to just get it done, right?)

I will also do 3 separate arm workouts each day in addition to the above mentioned stuff. I know, it sounds like A LOT. But my arms are in terrible shape, and it's just for a month. I'm going to push myself until I can't possibly push anymore, and then just go a little bit more. I just ordered some arm workout DVDs from Amazon, so hopefully the super saver shipping won't take too long to get them here. In the meantime, I'll have to make up some of my own arm routines, and try to work on the push ups a bit. (Those really hurt me, by the way. I'm such an arm wimp!)

Food: Continue juicing, and then switch over to the primarily plant based eating plan after that.

Water: 100 oz. a day

Vitamins: Take them. =)

I think that's all for now. I am a bit nervous. Sometimes I think that's way too much. But then I know that, for temporary, it really is okay to push.

As for today's weigh in, I was glad to get 181 straight up. That means I've lost 10 pounds since that progress picture of me. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment