Friday, October 28, 2011

Juicing Illustrated

AGAIN. Only this time it was worse. I went from 182.7 yesterday to 182.8 today. Oh well--like I said, there's no way I can predict what will happen. I made a guess, and really thought I'd have at least some loss every day. Maybe I'm just going to cruise to the end of this 16 days without losing any more. It's a good thing I committed to going that far, because I must admit that if there's no more loss it kind of takes the bloom off the rose. I do need to also remember that the juice fast has also saved me from getting started on that Halloween candy. That in and of itself is a big thing.

So on to the pictures! Here is a picture of some of the vegetables I bought the first week.Some of them were in the fridge--the ones I could fit! I had to be careful not to buy so far in advance this week, because keeping them in the fridge is definitely a better idea. Although in the height of winter they'd probably keep just fine in the garage.



I used these vegetables for my first juice of the day yesterday morning.



About 4 leaves of kale, 4 carrots, half a head of romaine lettuce, one apple, one lime. I put them through the juicer just like that, without cutting anything. I did cut off the lime peel, but a very thin layer as to leave on all the white plinth underneath.

All done and ready to drink!



This one was actually quite tasty, as far as juice goes. I was very happy to get such a yummer.

I like to use the shaker bottles they have at places like GNC and Vitamin World for my juice, because they come with those little wire wisk ball thingies at the bottom so I can give it a little shake when it needs it. Sometimes the juice tends to separate a little bit.



Down the hatch!


No comments:

Post a Comment