Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gagger Alert!

Oh my. I just drank a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad juice!! Ick! The worst part? The dang recipe made FORTY FIVE ounces!! I spent a lot of money on the vegetables for these juices, and you know me (well, if you know me you know me) I hate, hate hate hate wasting money. But I did pour 10 ounces of it down the drain. This stuff was horrible, and I am amazed I managed to choke down 35 ounces of it! I am definitely deleting this one and never making it again. Bleh.

Other than that, I had a good day. Still not hungry, just cruising along. Luckily my other 3 juices today were pretty good.

Something really cool: I don't remember whether or not I mentioned that my parents are doing this 14 day thing with me. But today one of my sisters decided to go for it and get herself a juicer too! I'm so excited, it will be a lot of fun for us to get as many on board as we can, and sometimes be able to do these juice fasts "together" even though we are all so geographically spread out. I'm way excited.

In other news, I really hate the picture my son took of me this morning. I do, I hate it. I think that I'll go in my room tonight and try on some of my smaller pants. The ones in the picture are size 18, and they really have been way too big for a long time. I have been buying up clothes at yard sales, because there really is no point in spending good quality money on clothes that I will just be "passing through." LOL. So I have a few pairs of 16s, and they fit me good and I wear them, but I hate their style. They're just kind of a frumpy style. Still...I'm very close to being able to pull up the 14s. I haven't tried them for a while, so I think I'll give them all a re-check tonight. Maybe I'll like a picture of me in clothes that aren't too big. But yeah, it's kind of a bummer to find out that I'm still not as thin as I honestly pictured myself to be.

Oh well, it's a lot easier to take it knowing I'm doing something about it, and starting once again to steadily go down. Once I hit 188 I'll be the best I can ever remember being. So there's that.

Meanwhile, I find myself daydreaming about food. Not even bad stuff. Today I just took a nice long whiff of my daughter's peanut butter/honey sandwich before I gave it to her for lunch. I'm not sure what gets me the most, the peanut butter or the homemade bread. I miss pistachios, and I REALLY miss my salads. Like bad. I crave my salad. But the good news is, that's what I'm most looking forward to eating the first day after this juice fast. Not too shabby, I guess, right? And I've been thinking about my mom's black bean soup. That stuff rocks. I guess it's time to build up an arsenal of vegetable based recipes for the month of November, huh?

Still undecided about Thanksgiving. Today I came up with something I may do: Juice for breakfast (since I'll be at my sister's and she will have a juicer!!), my favorite big ol' salad at lunch, and then Thanksgiving dinner. I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and just skip the turkey, since it's really not all that important to me. I will let myself eat what's there though, and even have some dessert. But if I eat those other things before the official "feast," I think I'll do better with smaller portions of the things that are not so good for me. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment