Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Opposite of Love

Today's weigh in was kind of a bummer. Yesterday's was too. Only because, even though I do round the number up or down, I do keep the decimal stuff in mind. So yesterday I went from 183.7 (rounded to 184) down to 183.3 (rounded to 183). So I still got to put a pound loss on my tracker on the side there. It was not even a half pound loss. It doesn't get me down for real, though, because--you know, all those personal factor things. Really, I'm just thrilled and elated to see a daily loss. That's definitely nothing to get bummed about!

Today's weigh in was 182.7, rounded up to 183. So I posted 183 on the tracker, so it technically doesn't look like a loss. But hey--I'm not complaining because it was actually a .7 loss. Not too terrible! But I have to admit that it's fun to be able to record a smaller number on the tracker. Still, it always evens out in the end, and I'm good.

Juicing is going great. Better today. The past few days it's been hard because I have been wishing I could eat stuff. Like that bread. Today all that is gone. The juice is fine, and I feel great. I didn't realize it at the time, but I did not smell my daughter's sandwich today. (OK, I know you probably think I'm a freak that I do that sometimes, but oh well. It is what it is).

Last night we had a Trunk or Treat at our church. I had FIVE little trick-or-treaters out there gathering candy, and as you can imagine, they brought home quite the haul.



It has always been the way, at our house, that after trick-or-treating, everybody's candy all goes into one big bowl, or bag, and it becomes "family candy." It just works for us that way. The parents get to have some, the kids don't fight over it or take it in their rooms and eat 'til they're sick. You know how it can be.

I realized this morning that I haven't thought about that candy once since it came into the house--other than to tie the bag shut and stick it up on the fridge so the kids can't sneak into it. (I have a certain 4 year old who would take the whole bag into a dark laundry room and eat until he was caught--my older kids have never done anything like that!) Anyway, when I realized that all that candy has not taunted me at all, not the tiniest bit, it filled me with a kind of peaceful contentment.

When I was young I heard that the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. (This in reference to the crushes teenage girls get on teenage guys). Well my friends, I am feeling extremely indifferent to all that Halloween candy!

It's lovely.

And guess who is not buying a single bag of Halloween candy to pass out on Monday night? ME, right. I will let my kids pick out 20 or so pieces each (the oldest three that is, the younger ones really won't know the difference). The rest of it will be passed out to the trick-or-treaters who come by after we get home from our half hour or so in the neighborhood. Definitely the cheaper and healthier way for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment