Monday, October 15, 2012

You Are What You Eat

The first time I saw this on Pinterest, I have to admit it gave me a chuckle.


But the truth is, we really are what we eat. If we eat junk, our bodies are going to feel like junk. If we eat whole foods, healthy foods, our bodies will be whole and healthy.

Today I will make it my goal to stick to those foods that will contribute to me being able to be the person I truly want to be.

Eating can be a complicated thing. Sounds silly, maybe, but it really can be!

In my opinion, a perfect diet is one that includes the whole, healthy foods we need, eaten in balance and in correct portion sizes, with occasional allowances for treats.

So that is what I have to work to achieve.

Some healthy things I love:

SALAD--romaine lettuce, spinach, and tons of vegetables. I like to put olives and cheese on it too, but I rarely do that. I also use the wishbone salad spray to dress it.



ZUCCHINI, etc.--one of my favorite things to make is a mixture of zucchini, yellow squash, yellow onion and garlic, sauteed to my liking. Then I add a can of diced tomatoes. Tastes simply AMAZING and I can eat an entire skillet full without feeling guilty.


CINNAMON APPLES--Slice up an apple, sprinkle it with a cinnamon/truvia mixture, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. (I think...it's been a long time since I made them). The smell is heavenly, and the taste is very satisfying.


 OATMEAL--I grew up eating oatmeal with butter, brown sugar and milk. Now I love keeping it simple by adding a sliced banana and some milk to my oatmeal. I love that it keeps the taste of the oats genuine. Very, very good.


 What are some of your favorite healthy, whole foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment