Friday, October 12, 2012

Rethink Your Drink


Speaking of the nectar of the gods, I ran across this photo on facebook several months ago, and it really did something to me to be able to see what is actually in the stuff we drink every day! Check this out...


I'm betting most of us would never just take one of those bags of sugar and pour it down our throats. In fact, we'd probably gross out just thinking about it. But if we had a bottle of soda-pop, like that Mountain Dew there, we wouldn't think too much of drinking it right up. I never personally liked Mountain Dew, but I have been known to drink my share of root beer or Dr. Pepper.

The sugar content of most of these drinks doesn't really surprise me...but, is that bottled water over there on the left? Seriously? Who knew bottled water had sugar? Is this a strategy to get people to want more and more of the water? I don't know. I don't like to get into conspiracy theory type stuff much--but sugar in bottled water? WHY???

Anyway, I think I'll stick to fresh water through the filter on my sink. Putting some lemon in it is a good idea, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment