Monday, October 29, 2012

Waiting For Monday


I don't believe in waiting for Monday. Or waiting for New Year. Or waiting for anything. If you want to make changes, today is a great day to start--whether it's Monday or Thursday or Saturday. Whether it's Halloween or the 4th of July or New Year's Day.  Waiting is not helpful.

That is not to say I don't wait sometimes. I do. But more often than not, these days, when my thoughts lead to good things I want to implement into my life, I don't wait for the next "beginning." I'm thankful that I don't get stuck waiting.

In the words of our good friends Phineas and Ferb (at least...they're around our house so often they sometimes seem like good friends):


Carpe Diem, my friends. Get up. Work out. Work hard. Accomplish things. Earn your shower. Earn your sleep. Be a little better today than you were yesterday.


And now? Time for me to get up and follow my own advice.


Happy Monday, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment