Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Motivation

I'd say about 99% of my motivation to keep exercising has always been scale related.

Some people ditch their scales, some have to weigh themselves every day to stay on track.

I promised myself over a year ago that I would step on the scale every day for the rest of my life, because really bad things can happen if you're not watching it.

But I think I'm finally ready to take that leap of ditching the scale.

Because, finally, I can see that in order to make the habits that I will keep forever, I need to look at the bigger picture. From now on, what is going to matter to me are the following:

1. How do I feel?
2. Am I loving my body enough to give it the exercise it needs?
3. Am I eating nutritious foods that are properly balanced and proportioned?
4. Am I happy?
5. Do I seize the moment?
6. How do my clothes fit?
7. Do I like my look? If not, am I working on it? If so, am I working on keeping it?

I am also going to work on fitting into those smaller clothes in the closet and working away the flab. I need to stop being obsessed about the numbers on the scale.

It's a little bit scary for me, because if the number goes down by 2, that's a reward to me--when 2 pounds isn't enough to take me down a size, or make me look different in the mirror.

I've been working in my workouts. I've been eating a lot better. I've been drinking lots of water. Yesterday I had the best day I've had in a long time. I felt amazing and I was so productive because of it. But today the scale was up by .2. Not much, not even 1/4 a pound. But it was a downer, and I really don't need anything bringing me down after such an amazing, in control day.

At any rate, I am going to keep getting in my cardio. I am going to add some strength training soon. I am going to feel good and live every day to the fullest. I am going to go out there and get what I want! 

No comments:

Post a Comment