Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Daily Food Log 5/22

Today was good. I added a set of risers under my step when I did my workout this morning. 8 inches! I tried it a few months ago and couldn't make it five minutes. But it did occur to me yesterday that my workouts are way too easy. Oh, they used to be hard. They used to be killer, let me tell you. I remember working up to actually being able to do the whole thing. But I have noticed lately that they don't really make me break much of a sweat, and they don't get my heart rate up like they should.

That's why I tried adding the other set of risers before. It was totally hard. But I tried it again today because I was hoping to get more activity points for the same amount of time investment. 40 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise is worth 4 activity points. Today I got to bump it up to 40 minutes of high-intensity, and when I plugged it into the points calculator, the workout was worth 9 points. Yahoo! How awesome is that!

The unfortunate part was that about half way through I stepped wrong and my back didn't really appreciate it. It's weird trying to get used to stepping up farther, and also stepping down farther. Doing some repeaters and some jumps kind of threw me off at that one point. At first I was afraid that I had pinched a nerve, that I'd have to quit working out, that I'd be on the couch and out of commission for a few days. But I kept going, and it hurt a little bit, but I could tell it would be okay.

So happily, I finished the workout. And moved on to the toning workout for another 40 minutes.

My body and my back have been a little bit sore today. So I skipped my p.m. workout, which was okay because I did earn 13 points this morning. Thanks to the extra risers! =)

In other news, my awesome husband fixed the water filter today, so that's all set now. Unfortunately, I was out the door on errands, etc., right after he fixed it, and now it's too late to start drinking tons of water. But tomorrow it's on! I have really been needing my water. I was really ready to start choking down the awful tap water.

OK, today's food:

Breakfast: Oatmeal


5 points

Snack: Peanut Butter


2.5 points 
(WW rounds, but I don't usually)

More snack: Here is my daughter's lunch that she wouldn't eat. I caved and ate half of one of the halves. 
What can I say, I love peanut butter! And I love my homemade bread even more. I try to resist, but sometimes...


3.5 points
(yes, the other day I actually did figure out exactly how many points were in a slice of my bread...somewhere between 3 & 4...it was supposed to be four, but then I cut the slices thinner than what I had calculated for and I didn't re-calculate. Instead of my recipe making 32 slices, it made more like 36. Not sure if it's enough to make a difference, I'll have to recalculate it later and find out).

Lunch: Cabbage


0 points

More lunch: Baked potato w/salt and pepper, green onions and greek yogurt


7 points

Snack: Chocolate Chips (not pictured)

4 points

And watermelon:


0  points

Dinner: Squash, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper


0 points

Dessert: More of the same. Bananas, strawberries, cool whip free and chocolate chips.



5 points

I am still not liking all the chocolate, but I think other than that (and the lack of water) I did a pretty good job! It could definitely be better. I am working at refining my menu. I will also branch out and add more variety, eventually. Sometimes, though, when I find something I really like, I just really want to keep having it. Although now I'm out of potatoes. =)

I should also note that I came very, very close to eating a handful of chocolate chips after all my points were gone. And cookie dough. I'm talking, my hand was on the cookie dough ziploc. (It's here because Jared wants it, and he eats it). Instead of it being in the freezer in the garage, it was in the house. And I went for it, I did. But I made myself stop. I did not have extra chocolate chips, and I did not eat the blasted cookie dough.

So I won't be beating myself up over the fact that 6 of my points today were used on chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment