Friday, May 18, 2012

28 Points

There's another blog I read where the author posts a picture list of her daily food intake, along with how many points each thing is. I thought maybe I'd start doing that for a while, and maybe it'll help take the place of the meetings I haven't yet signed up to go to. I'm seeking accountability, here.

I feel like I ate a TON today. And--I did. And it all tasted amazing! I enjoyed every single bite of everything that went in my mouth. I also stayed within my points and drank 96 ozs of water. (Water's a little low because the NEW faucet filter we bought BROKE! Luckily I had already had 96 ozs, or I would be in trouble as far as water goes).

Anyway, check out all the amazing stuff I ate today!

I didn't eat breakfast until about 11:00. I'm still so scared of getting started too early. Anyway, for breakfast I had a half cup of oatmeal with a half cup of fat free milk and a sliced banana. Total points: 5. No sweetener--and it was SO good!


Then when I made sandwiches for the kids for lunch I really wanted some peanut butter, so I calculated the points and decided that half a serving was good, for another 2.5 points.


Then around 2:00 I made a fabulous lunch. I made my zucchini, squash and onions that I like so much, but this time I added a can of diced tomatoes into the mix, along with some garlic salt, basil and oregano. And I ate it ALL. Every last bite. 2 whole zucchini, 1 whole squash, half an onion, and a whole can of diced tomatoes. For ZERO points. You definitely can't beat that!



After that I ate a Smart Ones entree, which was sooooooo good! 3 points.


Then a bit later in the afternoon I had some watermelon. I keep this bowl of watermelon cubes in the fridge, and when I want some I just grab a fork and eat out of the big bowl 'til I'm done, and then it goes back in the fridge. (Sorry if my lack of manners offends anyone. LOL). Again, zero points.


At this point, I had eaten 10.5 of my 28 points for the day. And I had to go to the grocery store, so I thought I would look for some of that one point WW candy. But they didn't have any, so I decided to go over to the bulk section and got a few sugar free chocolate peanut clusters. I noted the nutrition information so I could calculate the points and make sure I counted them. And when I got to the car, I ate 2 of them. After all, for the WW candy it would have only been 2 points. Unfortunately, when I got home and calculated the points, it turned out they were three each. So that's 6 points for these 2 little candies. They were good! But I like my points to last more than a few bites, so that was a bummer, and I gave the four I had left to my husband. 


Tonight was pizza night, and it has been a long time since I had a chance to participate in pizza night. I was really looking forward to eating pizza! I decided to do my pizza on the portabello mushroom caps--which are vegetables, so zero points. This was great--mushroom caps, tomato sauce, onions, skim mozzarella, fat free cheddar, and 90% lean turkey sausage. Can I just tell you how awesome these tasted?? And get this--for both of these pizzas, 6 points. The same points as those two tiny, quickly gone candies. The pizzas were definitely more worth it. =)


And as if that weren't enough, I even had 5 points left for dessert. And I used every single one of them on this crustless strawberry pie. It had sugar free/fat free vanilla pudding, sugar free strawberry jello, and strawberries. The entire thing would have been 8 points. And I was going to eat the entire thing, too, until I realized that my two candies were 6 whole points. So yeah. At any rate, this pie tasted awesome. The part that's gone is the part I ate. LOTS of pie for me today.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are trying our the picture food posts. I think it really helps with my accountability and I hope it helps you too. It is also a good food journal for me because I can always go back and look at what I ate. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete