Saturday, May 26, 2012

Crazy!

I'm not avoiding the blog on purpose. It's been crazy.

I did finally find the cord to recharge my camera battery, so I'll be able to start taking pictures of my food again. I didn't realize how much time and whatever it was going to take to do it. I like to do it, but yeah...it's a bit of extra effort that I don't always have. And I'm still going back and forth about whether doing stuff like that makes me focus on food too much. I want to focus on it enough that I am paying attention and counting my points and that I know exactly what I'm doing, but not so much that it's always on my mind.

Anyway, things are nuts in my life right now. In a good way, but crazy!

I have never lived this far north. Lately it has been light outside until 9:30...and it's only going to get later for the next month or so! So we go and go and go, and by the time we stop we realize that it's a lot later than we thought. Not that that's a bad thing. Tonight I started some weeding and yard work at 6. I did that for about an hour and then came in and the whole family had a huge cleaning party. When I stopped it was 9:15! I feel great and my house looks amazing. And it really needed some extra TLC. But. I'm TIRED!

Anyway, I have been aware of my food intake. I will say that I have not stayed in my points range, I'm sure of it. I say I've been aware--that doesn't mean I've been counting. I just haven't had the time or the energy. So I have to figure out how to balance all that.

I was afraid that I wasn't going to get my goal of 40 activity points for the week, but by some miracle I did. Yesterday my husband had the day off so I suggested we walk to Walmart for the couple of things we needed. So we piled the three kids in the strollers and went for it. It was a beautiful day! We were gone for about 3 hours. Some of that time was spent strolling through the store, which doesn't count as "exercising." But for the time we were walking to and from we got some good work in. And then today with my 3 hours of low intensity yard work and house work (which was actually quite exhausting!) I pushed my activity points count up to 45 for the week. Whew!

I do suffer from having days where I just really don't care. I mean, I just really don't. It's exhausting to care! Sometimes I don't want to count or track or choose the fat free cheese over the regular cheese. I do struggle with that a lot. I think that's my big fight right now. The bottom line is, I do care. So what am I supposed to do on those days when I really don't care?

For example, yesterday I had my mushroom caps all ready for me to use for making my pizza. But when 8:00 p.m. came around and I was finally finishing all the junk I had to do, I just didn't have it in me to prepare my own food. I just didn't care enough at that point to put in the extra effort, so I ate what was left of the family's pizza. I would probably die if I took the time to calculate the points value of that pizza.

So you see, I have such a long way to go. So much to learn. I mean, I know all the answers. I could take a test on how to lose weight, all the best practices, the healthiest, even the psychology of it, and get an A+. But the practical application...well, I probably have a D right now. I can do really great, but then I just can't do it anymore. And then the next day I do what I can to find the drive, and I go for it and do great for days, only to have another one of those "I can't care" days. I am guessing that I just have to keep on keeping on, and that becoming A+ at the practical application is going to take a while. Little by little. Baby steps. I have no intention of throwing in the towel. Sometimes it's frustrating that I can't just make up my mind about it and be done with it.

At any rate, I'm here, alive and kicking, caring and not caring.

So we'll see how tomorrow goes. I will start taking pics again either tomorrow or Monday.

(On a funny note...there is nothing bad left in this house. Jared even managed to find my stash of melting chocolate and everything that I keep with my crafts in the pantry--for dipping oreos or whatever. This is stuff I've had for probably 9 months. The good thing is that it's gone. I've never touched it, never even wanted to eat it AT ALL. Just not appetizing. But I think it's better that it's not here at all. After all, I haven't dipped oreos for anyone since before Christmas...).

No comments:

Post a Comment