Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day One

Day One of my 30 day jump start went pretty well! I did not get up to exercise, and had intended to do it at night. Didn't happen. I came in 126 calories below my target calorie burn for the day (2300). A lot of it was because I had to do some shopping for the food I needed to follow the eating plan, which resulted in a dinner time shopping trip. That wasn't bad as far as eating goes, but it was bad as far as scheduling. Doing errands like that at night is just not the best for me. Because then we get home and are immediately into the rush of cleaning up and getting everyone ready for bed and all that fun stuff. And then I have to make dinner, blah blah blah, and by the time I get the kids in bed, when I planned on exercising, I'm exhausted and needing a break.

Today I got up and did my step aerobics. I will make up for yesterday's missed exercise by getting up on Saturday. But anyway, I also need to bump up my daily calorie burn, and I'm also trying to hit 10,000 steps a day (bodybugg tracks steps, too, it's so awesome!) So I have decided that every hour or two, I'm going to play some Just Dance with the kids or whatever. It's not serious exercise that will maintain a target heart rate for a significant amount of time, but it will help me get a few more calories burned. This is just the playing I'll do in addition to my real exercise. We'll see how that works out today. It will help get my kids up and moving (more than they already do, anyway) too.

The food plan is awesome. I felt like I got to eat a lot. Maybe it's because the hcg diet is SO limited and so small. But yes, I loved how much food I got to eat yesterday, and it all added up to 1330 calories, just like I'm supposed to have.

1 comment:

  1. A great day, well done. Sometimes I am amazed how far 1400 calories goes.. I do not always consume all of it but if I was to lay it all out on a table, it would look a small amount.

    ReplyDelete