Monday, November 5, 2012

On A New Path

The last time I had a gym membership was when I lived in Georgia, and we moved away from there in 2006.

I've been to the gym here and there since then, but other than that, any exercise I've done has been at home with a DVD, or on walks or hikes.

I have missed it. I loved the YMCA in Georgia. But I didn't know how much I missed it until today. On Saturday I got a membership to the gym across the street, and this morning I woke up at 4:00 and headed over.

Jared usually leaves for work at 5:00. For the rest of this month his schedule has shifted, and he'll leave at 5:30 and get home a little later than normal. So I decided I just need to get myself up and get over there so I can be home when he needs to leave.

It's hard. I love my bed. The sheets are nice, the memory foam is nice--I'm in love with my pillow. Last night I didn't sleep well. I was super tired, but I guess I had too much on my mind. So I kind of wondered if I would actually go. (Luckily Jared told me that if he heard my alarm and I didn't get up he'd shove me out of the bed--which is GOOD, because he knows how bad I really do want to, and how I'd regret it if I didn't). I woke up at 3:40, though, so luckily for me he didn't hear the alarm. =)

Today I stuck with the treadmill. Elliptical is my true love, but I'm kind of starting small. I think I'll just do the treadmill this week and just remind my body what a good workout is like. Then when I feel like I'm back in the groove enough, I am going to get the Couch to 5K app on my phone and see what I can do with that.

My gym is small--a no big deal thing, really--there's not even a pool. But it has the machines, and it's only $19 a month. And being so close to home, it makes it possible for me to get there in the morning before I work.

This morning I got a little taste of how I used to feel when I felt amazing. I sweat more than I have in a long, long time. I love exercise, and I love early morning, and when I combine those two I feel like I can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment