Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gearing Up

I guess it's pretty pathetic to confess that I feel the need to "train" for Couch to 5K. I mean, the whole point is to take someone who is used to being a couch potato (which really, I'm not) and get them to where they can run a 5K.

I looked over the schedule for it over a year ago, and it seemed pretty do-able. That was also several pounds ago, unfortunately.

Anyway, back to the gym I went today for some work on the treadmill. I'm not doing any Biggest Loser type workouts that make me want to puke (LOL), but I think I'm doing pretty good for myself. Today I did 45 minutes. I did a warm up at 2.5, but quickly went to a 3.0. (Don't tell me how pathetic that speed is, I know!), with an incline of 3.5. After about 5 minutes I took it up to a 3.5 speed and an incline of 4.5. That's where I was most of the time. I did spend about 4 minutes on 4.0, and then a little later at 3.7. So it wasn't the greatest, but it was work for me. I burned 517 calories and...can't remember my distance.

I have blisters on the bottoms of my feet, and I'm in that place where my muscles are all sore and complaining. As for the blisters, I've seen my husband come home with way worse, and just have to deal with it. That's the Army for ya, I guess. So I kept reminding myself that if a little blister (or a big one) doesn't stop him, I certainly shouldn't let it stop me. As for the sore muscles, I know I just have to push through and before I know it my body will be used to it and it won't hurt, and that's when life will be a lot more productive!

My time at 4.0 today was pretty cool. I hope it won't be too long before I am ready to try out the Couch to 5K. (Can you tell I'm a little bit chicken?)

No comments:

Post a Comment