Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 1 Juicing

I woke up today, took a shower, and walked to the store for some produce. It didn't take as long as I thought, and after I got home and clocked it I found out it was only a two mile round trip. But--I'm okay with that, because it was something. Then I came home and did 500 crunches, and drank 100 ounces of water.

I had my first juice around 10--because that's when I got around to it (I was making bread for a couple of friends today). Juice number one was a citrus juice--1 grapefruit, 3 oranges, a whole bunch of kale and a whole bunch of spinach.

I had some brief thoughts about eating other things today, but not too much, not too strong. I just shrugged it off and kept going with my day.

I had my second juice around 3--carrots, celery, tomato, cilantro, lemon. It was pretty yummy!

I had my last juice around 6--it's a v-8 juice, of sorts. Carrots, celery, tomatoes, green onion, red bell pepper, kale, spinach, and a chunk of beet with greens. It was pretty good, too.

All three of them were pretty big, around 40 ounces I'd say. I almost want to say that I would have preferred them not to make quite so much, but I'm sure it was good for me to drink all that.

I haven't felt super great today. A little headache-y at times, and just kind of yuck. That's pretty normal for the first few days, but after that I expect to feel like a million bucks.

I have been chewing a piece of sugar free gum here and there. I don't know if you're supposed to do that, but I don't care. I like it, and it will keep me going longer.

I won't have too much variety in my juices, because I don't have a lot of money to be out there buying a bunch of veggies right now. But I actually like it easy, predictable, less complicated.

And even though I haven't felt the best today, I must say that I have felt a lot better than I have in the past couple of weeks. No pasty flour and sugar junking up my system. So that's a really, really, really good thing. My body needs to detox from that stuff and then it can move on to better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment