Sunday, April 15, 2012

Just Can't Catch A Break

So my pants, my 14 pants, that have loved me and hated me over the past few months--they're dead.

Yes, I admit it. I have only had one pair of pants for several months now. It just worked out that way--and I have refused to buy any more until I could buy a size down.

These pants of mine got a tiny hole by the zipper a week or so ago. Tiny. No big deal. I knew they were on the way out, but no worries, because I've been on my way down. So I wouldn't need them too much longer anyway.

Well, today the little tiny hole caught on something, and RIP went the pants. Big, huge hole.

So I dug out the other pair of 14s. Now, because these are both yard sale pants (you know, because I was going to breeze right through them onto size 12) I'm not sure, but I am guessing that the ones that ripped today were 14 woman, and the other ones are regular 14s.

These other 14s are a bit tighter. They are also a different style, so the legs taper on the way down. They are tight all the way down, and I hate that. That is why these other 14s sat in the bottom of my drawer, ignored, for months and months. I hate them because they're tight.

And now they're all I have.

So I got to the point where my pants felt good again, and were actually loose, and now I'm back into tight pants. I have a muffin top again. Just a little bit of one, thank goodness, but it's still there.

I look at that as a blessing. Now these pants are my only option. I will not have a moment's peace in these pants until they're loose. And I'm on my way! I will have a constant reminder, all day long, that I am definitely NOT done with this journey. I hate these pants. But I'm already loving them because they'll keep me working.

No comments:

Post a Comment