Monday, April 16, 2012

Death Of A Scale

Well, my friends, today is my birthday.

The first goal was to be 175 by today. Then I spent a couple of months of craziness, gaining and losing--but mostly gaining.

Then the goal was to just get myself back under 200 by today. Then I started doing really awesome and the weight started coming off really fast. So I got a little ahead of myself,

So then the goal was to get to 193--or at least 195.

Well...I can almost guarantee you that didn't happen. Yesterday I had a half pound gain, putting me at 198.3. When I weighed myself before bed, it gave me no hope that I would have a loss this morning.

Still, you never know, right?

Unfortunately, this morning all the scale said was "Err". Several times. I think it's finally done. I tried new batteries, too. So no weigh in for me this morning! Happy Birthday, right?

On the bright side, I'm okay with 198, even though there was a gain yesterday, because I can say 100% that it was out of my control. I was 100% perfectly on plan and I did my part. So the gain is just one of those things. Had I gained because I strayed a little, I would have felt terrible. AND, I have to be grateful that I did at least make it under 200 for the birthday.

So, onward and upward. Time to text the husband so that he can pick up a new scale on his way home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment